The Community Education Advisory Council (CEAC) helps Community Education staff determine the needs of the community. The Council advises in areas of budget, programming, marketing, and services. Consisting of representatives from Eastern Carver County cities and schools, the committee meets monthly, ten times per year.
Purpose of Community Education Advisory Councils:
- Determine the needs of people in the community
- Advise professional staff in planning programs and services by Community Education for the Community
- Assist/advise in budget development
- Encourage cooperation with community agencies so that needs can be fully met with the least amount of duplication
- Serve as forums for discussion of community issues and concerns
- Serve as communication linkage between the School Board and the community.
2019 Advisory Council Members
Cindy Walters, Emily Mattran, Holly Kaufhold, Jim Manders, Sri Ganti, Ronald Meyer, Laki Omr, Madina Abshir, Jay Woller, Mary Blazanin, Isis Alejandre, Sharon Edison, Al Norby, John Wilson, Jodi Edstrom, Jon Grau
Meetings are held from 5:00-6:30 at the District Education Center, Lake Susan Room, 11 Peavey Road
Light dinner provided.
If you are interested in serving on the Community Education Advisory Council, please contact Jackie Johnston.