Volunteers bring fresh perspectives, enthusiasm and unique skills into our schools while assisting teachers, staff and students. They encourage students and inspire them to reach their full potential. Our volunteers have discovered that spending time and sharing talents with students and staff is an energizing and worthwhile experience. Whether you have an hour a day, a week or month, we have students, classrooms and schools that can use your help.
Here are just some of the ways you can get involved and make a difference:
- Read with elementary students
- Help students master basic skills in reading or math
- Work behind the scenes in a school office, media center or on school projects and events
- Bring real world experiences to the classroom by sharing your career, travel or ethnic heritage
- Serve on a district advisory committee